- Who we are
- We may collect and process the following data
- How will we use the information about you?
- Our legal basis for processing your personal data
- Marketing Access to your information and correction
- Retention period
- Your rights as a data subject
- Other websites
- How to contact us
Who we are
Active Tameside is the operating name of Tameside Sports Trust who delivers a wide range of leisure-facility and community-based services predominantly in the Tameside area but also with our partners across Greater Manchester.
Active Tameside may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, date of birth, address, contact number, email address, health and medical information as well as financial information for transactions
We may collect and process the following data from you;
- Information you provide by filling in forms, this includes information provided at the time of registering with one of our services, or requesting further services.
- Information you provide when using one of our online booking systems
- Information you provide in centres when making bookings or purchasing memberships
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out such as ticket purchases, memberships or bookings. If you purchase Active Tameside products and service we will also collect billing and bank card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. This may include ongoing account management, for example for gym memberships, swimming lessons and gymnastic lessons, or a one of payment for a booking.
- Details of your visits to our facilities.
- Other information you provide to us, for example when providing us with comments on our services.
- If you attend an event at one of our venues we may video or photograph you, and we operate CCTV cameras. This will usually be as part of general filming of the venue and will not usually focus on specific individuals.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to deal with your request, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website. If you agree, we will only contact you on behalf of TAMESIDE SPORTS TRUST.
TAMESIDE SPORTS TRUST will not share your information for marketing purposes with outside our group of companies.
In dealing with your request, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
When becoming a member of an Active Tameside facility or service, we enter into a contract with you and it is necessary for us to process your data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, which enable single or ongoing access to facilities, services and activities. A member is deemed to be anyone that joins on a membership package (including a fixed-term contract, Paid in full, and non-contract packages, as well as Active Pass and Active Plus Pass) or makes a one-off or regular booking.
Active Tameside also rely upon legitimate interests when processing your data for service usage statistics, and recovery of debts due to Active Tameside
Active Tameside may also use your personal information to inform you of other products and services available from Active Tameside and its affiliates, and may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
On occasion Active Tameside may need to process your data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending Active Tameside direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at any time on 0161 366 4812 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do withdraw consent to us using this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot perform services needed to access facilities or activities. It could mean that we cancel a membership or service you have with us.
We obtain parental consent to the processing for children who are under the age of 13, and make reasonable efforts (taking into account the available technology and risks inherent in the processing) to verify that the person providing consent holds parental responsibility for the child.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We would like to send you information about products and services which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other members of TAMESIDE SPORTS TRUST at any time.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here. Please note, this will only unsubscribe you from this specific Live Well Tameside list.
Active Tameside use data processors and passes on your personal data to the following organisations who are involved in the support of Active Tameside’s operation. None of your data is passed on to any third parties not directly related to the operation of Active Tameside activities
Active Tameside does not sell, rent or lease its customer list to third parties.
Active Tameside may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis but your personal identifiable data (name, address, contact number, email address) in those cases is not transferred to third parties.
All third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide services to Active Tameside, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Below is a list of current organisations data is shared with and the reason we share this data:
|Organisations||Reason for Processing|
|Legend, Membr, Nomical, Myzone, Pulse, CoursePro||Platforms for retention and access|
|Cornerstone, Mail Chimp, Purple Wi-Fi, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram||For direct marketing|
|City in the Community||Partnership for School Sports|
|Healthy Minds, Lifeline, Be Well, ABL choose to change||Referral for further support (Live Active)|
|Tameside Yes, Positive Steps, New Charter/Jigsaw||Funding and education (Learning and Education)|
|Listen 360, survey monkey||To monitor your feedback via Net Promoter Score|
|Harland, Stripe, Legend||Our direct debit processing and collection agencies|
We may also share your personal data with the following types of third parties:
Service providers acting as processors based in the United Kingdom who provide IT and system administration services.
Active Tameside will process personal data for as long as you remain a current member/user with us. We will store your personal data for 24 months after you have cancelled your membership or for a 24 month period of inactivity.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Get an electronic or paper copy of the information that we hold about you
- Ask us to correct your records if they are inaccurate or incomplete
- You can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- To have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- Ask us to limit what we share
- Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared information
- Get a copy of this privacy notice
- Choose someone to act for you
- File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Active Tameside (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the UK supervisory authority and/or Active Tameside’s Business Manager
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||Active Tameside contact details|
|Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Active Tameside, Ken Ward,
Hattersley Road East, Hyde, SK143NL
|0303 123 1113||0161 366 4807|
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
- by email: GDPR@activetameside.com
- Phone: 0161 366 4807
- or write to us at: TAMESIDE SPORTS TRUST, Ken Ward Sports Centre, Hattersley Road East, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 3NL